Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Digital Design Engineer
Job Opening ID:
Return to Previous Page
Tracing its roots to Thomas Edison himself, PPL Corporation has been empowering economic vitality and the quality of life for the communities it serves for nearly a century. The people of PPL Corporation provide reliable, safe, competitively priced energy to our customers and competitive returns to our shareowners. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse, super-regional energy company with more than 10 million customers in the United States and the United Kingdom, as well as about 19,000 megawatts of generating capacity from the East Coast to the Pacific Northwest. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the United States and abroad. Be sure to follow us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/pplcareersand Twitter atwww.twitter.com/pplcareers.
This position resides in the Electrical/I&C Design organization at PPL’s Allentown, PA office and supports the engineering activities at the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station (SSES). Responsibilities include performing, under supervision, challenging engineering work but with limited direct responsibility. Specific job positions may include planning, designing and/or overseeing construction, installation, operation and maintenance of components, systems and facilities used in the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electrical energy.
* Maintain the Design Bases of SSES. Design bases means that information which identifies the specific functions to be performed by a structure, system, or component of a facility, and the specific values or ranges of values chosen for controlling parameters as reference bounds for design.
* Assists in the work on smaller engineering projects or well-defined areas of larger projects. Uses existing procedures to investigate, evaluate and assist in producing technically correct and cost-effective designs or recommendations that solve ongoing problems.
* Builds relationships that will facilitate knowledge transfer, cross-functional knowledge of related work groups, and ability to present work products effectively.
* Works under supervision in the field and/or home office in a variety of functions and challenging but structured work that develops competencies in the function/discipline.
* Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using well-defined engineering procedures, which may include routine and diagnostic testing of components and systems, and engineering studies.
* Continually expands and improves technical and business skill set under own initiative with instruction, guidance and direction from others.
* Assists in a variety of topics including developing innovative procedures, improved design recommendations or new or better equipment purchase recommendations.
* Related engineering experience should be with Digital Design. This would include modifications, set point control, and equipment design in support of Susquehanna.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications to receive consideration.
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering from a college or university accredited by ABET or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent. Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements.
* Minimum two years of related engineering experience.
* Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards for the specific position.
* Engineer in Training Certificate or minimum of 5 years experience specifically related to the position requirements.
Requirements for Sr. Engineer level:
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering. Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements or PA Professional Engineer license in the specific position discipline.
* Minimum 5 years related engineering experience.
* Professional Engineer registered in Pennsylvania or a minimum of 7 years of engineering experience related to the position.
* BS Degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Internship/co-op in the energy industry preferred.
* Engineer in Training Certificate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PPL is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace - M/F/D/V
How To Apply
* Click on Apply Now button
* Upload a new resume or select one you previously uploaded, or cut and paste a resume from a Word document
* Complete the online application.
* Click the Submit button
You can save your electronic application and come back at a later time to finish; however, you must hit Submit to actually send your completed online response.
NOTE: Once you submit your online response, you cannot go back and edit your online response or resume, nor can you re-submit for the same vacancy.