Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Manager, Environmental Health and Safety
Requisition Number: 2699
of openings: 1
HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Companyis a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
Manager, Environmental Health and Safety
Provides administration and management of health, safety and environmental programs. Ensures compliance with safety and health regulatory requirements. Ensures compliance with Federal, State, Local, and Corporate requirements relative to health, safety and the environmental programs. Manages and administers the site ISO 14001: Environmental Management Systems. Ensures compliance with environmental regulations.
• Develops, implements and manages site health, safety and environmental programs such as Injury Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP), Hazard Communication, and Bloodborne Pathogens.
• Develops and delivers employee health, safety and environmental training programs.
• Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of site written programs, general safety rules, and overall performance of health, safety and environmental programs.
• Partner with corporate EH&S to update Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) 300 log to ensure the log is up to date and current.
• Lead accident investigation for all incidents including near misses, first aid, recordable injuries and lost time injuries. Determine root cause and recommend corrective actions as appropriate.
• Track key safety and environmental performance indicators such as near misses, first aid injuries, recordable injuries, all recycling activites, utilities consumption and waste disposal.
• Conduct routine periodic inspections in all functional areas and recommend corrective /preventive actions for risk and hazard reduction.
• Provides additional site representation to outside local, state and federal public agencies such as OSHA, Fire Department, and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Files required reports with regulatory agencies in a timely manner.
• Act as a liaison between the facility and local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
• Manages environmental activites including hazardous waste disposal, medical waste management, solid waste management and other recycling activities. Establishes and maintains relationships with qualified vendors for proper disposal.
• Maintains records and documentation relative to compliance, training, and reporting of health, safety, and environmental programs.
• Work with the Facilities Maintenance team to ensure that all safety work orders are completed in a timely manner.
• Assist the Facilities Maintenance team with contractor screening and qualifications. Provide training to contractors to assure the contractors work safely while performing tasks on site.
• Conduct ergonomic assessments as necessary for production, material handling and administration. Recommend appropriate corrective actions and ensure completion in a timely manner.
• Reviews new or transferred equipment and new processes for potential health, safety, or environmental implications.
• Chairs site Environmental Health and Safety Steering Committee, Management Safety Task Force, and Safety Committees.
• Manages activities to increase safety awareness across the organization including routine safety committee meetings and safety incentive program.
• Creates and maintains local procedures to support EHS compliance.
• Maintain all permits and licenses to assure renewals are up to date and current.
• Ensure all permit conditions as identified on the permits are carried out and maintained as required.
• Supports and performs preventive maintenance projects including equipment testing, certifications, inspections, and renewals.
• Works with the corporate EH&S function to implements Corporate EHS directives and activities as required.
• Maintains personal competencies, certifications and familiarity with safety and environmental regulatory requirments.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Employee will comply with legal requirements by adherence to requirements of existing and new regulations and legislations.
• Employee will maintain a safe and healthy environment by complying with all company safety policies and procedures.
• Employee will work collaboratively with others to achieve objectives and the needs of the business.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Environmental Science or relevant course of study
• 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility
• Combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.