Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
The Senior Attorney reviews and prepares contracts and various other documents, advises and represents the company in a variety of legal matters which may include but not be limited to transactional, regulatory, litigation, collections, bankruptcy, labor, benefits, municipal, energy and other areas requiring legal counseling and/or assistance. The Senior Attorney coordinates matters referred to outside law firms and handles matters that are more complex with greater potential liability or recovery than matters handled by the Attorney. Assists manager in the development of staff attorneys by providing input to manager on reviews, determining suitability for special assignments and identifying training needs.
* * Provides legal advice on matters affecting the interest of PGW, especially regulatory and commercial law (contracts, taxes, pension, corporate structure, etc) matters.
* * Does legal research as necessary to provide advice or requested legal opinion.
* * Prepares appropriate legal documents in the capacity of the company counsel.
* * Represents PGW, as directed, in negotiations and administrative and court hearings. This may include PUC and Philadelphia Gas Commission hearings, and Customer Service hearings.
* * Interprets statutes and case law and their application to PGW.
* * Reviews, revises or drafts proposed contracts, advertisements, press releases, promotions, liability releases.
* * Analyzes: current and proposed Gas Service Tariff, legislation, governmental regulations, proposed comments on such legislation and regulations, and proposed responses to request from regulatory agencies.
* * Advises management, from a legal perspective, on new company policies and/or changes to existing policies.
* * Consults with other departments as necessary to carry out assigned responsibilities.