Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Global Internship Program (GIP) - Information Technology Intern (Job Number: 1212036)
The incumbent performs assigned duties under the direction of an experienced staff member to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of the departmental duties. He/She receives training and performs tasks in one of several departments to become familiar with the line of business and company policies and practices. He/She may be trained in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater experience opportunities.
At BNY Mellon, IT internships provide students with challenging assignments and the opportunity to learn new technologies, all while sharpening skills and making significant contributions to our Information Technology department.
IT interns are introduced to our IT sector through orientation of our systems, technology and industry terminology. They then broaden their understanding of our business by working on one or more technical, IT-related projects and tasks with the aid of supervisors and mentors assigned to them. An intern’s assignment can include application development, testing, business systems analysis, project management, help desk, data center or other infrastructure support. We provide our interns with the opportunities necessary for a productive and successful learning experience, all while learning what it is like to work for a global company. Summer internships range from mid May to August.
IT interns will also be enrolled in our Global Internship Program, that gives students a well-rounded and rewarding experience. This program has five key components: Education about BNY Mellon, Learning and Development, Community Outreach, Team Building, and a Mentor Program.
Responsibilities can include
• Technical Development, such as designing and implementing software solutions
• Providing Project Administration support to projects throughout the various IT departments
• Updating project plans, assisting in presentation creation, developing cases and documenting IT project workflows
• Utilizing various software tools (J2EE, .NET, COBOL, DB2, Java, flex) to support projects and applications as well as working with big data, cloud computing, and user experience
• Enable business solutions while proactively protecting BNY Mellon from information technology related operational risks in a balanced control environment
• Assume the administrative aspects associated with managing an infrastructure track
The qualified individual must be enrolled in a 4-year degree program and must have a minimum QPA of 3.0. He/She will possess strong leadership, analytical, and problem solving skills. Strong communication and organizational skills is a must. He/She should be able to work in a team environment as well as work independently and be computer proficient. It is preferred that the incumbents have previous internship (summer or Co-operative Education) experience.
Primary Location:United States-USA-PA-Pittsburgh
: United States-USA-Tennessee-Nashville, United States-USA-NY-Syracuse, United States-USA-PA-Philadelphia, United States-USA-MA-Westborough, United States-USA-NY-New York, United States-USA-NY-Oriskany, United States-USA-MA-Boston
Organization:Global Info Tech Division-HR06005