Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for both strategic and operational execution of the Supply Chain organization, including development of department objectives, leading, developing and managing staff to support the cost, quality, technology, and material flow objectives in support of L-3 IOS - Pittsburgh innovative products. Areas of responsibility include Supplier Management, Materials Management, Production Planning, and Supply Chain Engineering.
* Drive a cross-functional Commodity Team approach for sourcing and managing the Supply Base.
* Develop and report progress on strategy, tactics and plans to ensure timely supply of materials and services of the highest value in support of the operating plan.
* Lead the development and management of the supply chain organization, including Purchasing, Materials Management, Production Planning, and Supply Chain Engineering.
* Provides leadership and guidance to Design Engineering in the initial NPI phase when material requirements are being defined and planned.
* Negotiate, implement, and maintain strategic supply agreements as required including non-disclosure, joint development, intellectual property and other agreements to ensure effective relationships with a base of critical and key suppliers.
* Develop strategic technology and cost roadmaps with key suppliers.
* Implement and manage long-term agreements, sub-contracts, supplier performance metrics, and supplier relations.
* Represent L-3 Brashear with key customers and suppliers. Build effective working relationships and escalation paths with external and internal organizations.
* Establish and implement policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient operation of all purchasing, materials management, production planning, and supplier management functions.
* Develop and implement supply strategies to aggressively reduce the cost of materials, components, subsystems, and NRE. Drive material lead time reduction and minimize on hand inventory requirements.
* Develop controls to protect against technical errors and obsolescence.
* Create processes for buying material at risk, strategic sourcing, and cost savings.
* Ensure supplier quality and on time delivery.
* Provide data, reports, and metrics to management relating to purchasing, supplier management, materials management, production planning, and subcontracts.
* Ensure that all activities are performed in compliance with all applicable regulations and corporate policies and procedures.
* Utilize subcontractor performance evaluation tools to impact improvements in purchasing and subcontracts.
* Review procurements for accuracy and completeness as appropriate; collaborates with the Proposals Group on cost/price analysis. Assure proper documentation is maintained.
* Ensure appropriate and timely proposal support through attainment of supplier proposals and quotes.
* Plan and organize the production workload to ensure on time start, correct priority of order, efficient utilization of people, material, and equipment, and on time delivery.
* Perform Capacity Requirements Planning to assess the availability of material and mix of skills required to execute the Master Production Schedule.
* Meet with the Production Group Leaders and Planners weekly to validate the production schedule, status open work orders, and establish priorities.
* Monitor Engineering Document Releases for flow and timeliness.
* Generate, monitor, and maintain all production schedules. Ensure efficient execution of plan through production cycle while meeting contract requirements and inputs from Program Management, Procurement, and Manufacturing.
* Initiate and accurately maintain all material requirements for assigned projects within the Company ERP.
* Control project inventory by using various material management system reports, production plans, and physical audits.
Directs and leads the Supply Chain organization, including Purchasing, Materials Management, Production Planning, and Supply Chain Engineering.
* BS/BA in Technical or Business field
* 10 years materials, procurement and supplier management experience, preferably in a program driven, complex product, high-tech environment.
* Proficiency and training in Supply Chain Management, contract law, FAR/DFAR, and CAS.
* Strong working knowledge of MRP and ERP systems.
* Knowledge and experience implementing long term agreements and sub-contract agreements.
* Domestic and international experience.
* Proven strong team leadership and 5 years of demonstrated management experience.
* Proven strategic thinking and planning skills.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships.
* Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Understanding of government regulations that impact the strategic and tactical operations of the purchasing/supplier management organization.
* Aerospace, Optics, and/or Defense industry experience a plus.
L-3 Integrated Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident status required.null
Organization: Integrated Optical Systems