Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
POSITION SUMMARY:This position will be responsible for the preparation or modification of drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs under immediate supervision utilizing a thorough knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures within the mechanical engineering field in order to support multiple project efforts for Fortna’s Clients. This position requires the ability to apply learned knowledge to complete tasks as assigned.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Supporting projects through the detail design and implementation phase. This will include RFP/Supplier Selection, detailed electrical design, ordering of equipment, development of installation drawing packages, and support of installation contractor, Project Manager, and Site Manager with installation efforts.
* Attending project meetings as required by project cadence and providing meeting minutes to team members.
* Supporting the project transition from Application Engineering to Design Engineering.
* Updating project team on the current status of project:
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Supporting generation and enhancement of department standard documentation and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the Engineering Group.
* Constantly working to expand knowledge of industry best practices and latest technology.
* Utilizing AutoCAD and Promis-e for drawings.
* Continuously working to solve Client needs.
* Proactively seeking work to maintain project utilization.
* Using current design practices for material handling systems.
* Adhering to all Fortna and department standards.
* Maintaining good design notes.
* Attending company training as required.
* Being reliable; providing timely responses and consistent follow-up.
* 4 year engineering degree from an accredited college, or 2 year degree from an accredited college with 5 years of relevant experience, or high school diploma with 10 years of relevant experience
* Ability to work effectively on a team and support high levels of performance
* Good collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal communication)
* Experience working with MS Project and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
* Flexible and approachable
* Ability to self-motivate
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
* Ability to travel nationally and internationally
· Ability to perform essential functions of the job
* Experience in supply chain logistics
* AutoCAD 3D knowledge
Keyword: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Material Handling