Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Putting patients first. It's a promise we keep each and every day. At Aegis Therapies, our managers are therapists first; we're truly committed to giving you the technologies and the resources you need to make a difference. We're equally committed to offering you every opportunity to reach your most ambitious goals. No wonder we're one of the nation's leading providers of rehabilitation services. If you're ready to build a career with endless potential, build your future with Aegis Therapies. We currently provide therapy in over 1,000 facilities nationwide, so you can choose a location that's perfect for your aspirations.
Job ID 8614BR
Location Whitemarsh, PA
Job Location - Address 9209 Ridge Pike
Job Posting Title Speech Lang Path Therapist
Job Description Performs evaluations, develops and implements effective patient treatment plans to restore, compensate or adapt for loss of patient function, by planning and administering medically prescribed therapy treatments in accordance with federal, state and professional standards governing their discipline.
Job Advertisement Your goal is to restore, enhance and increase functionality. Our goal is to give you the support you need to make a positive impact on every patient in your care. At Aegis Therapies we're as committed to making a difference as you are. Putting patients first. It's what building a career with Aegis Therapies is all about.
Discipline - Select All That Apply Occupational Therapy
* Graduate from an accredited program for Speech-Language Pathology.
* Must possess and maintain a current license in the state of practice as required.
* 3+ years of experience.
* Must have and maintain current CPR certification.
* ; pass post-offer drug test, and post-offer employment physical exam if required.
* Must have own transportation to travel between sites as needed.
* Must possess computer skills of the type and at a level necessary to accomplish specific job duties and assignments.
* Must meet Clinical Competency requirements upon hire and as needed.
* Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
* Must possess problem-solving skills of the type and at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
* Must demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
* Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
* Must be able to relate professionally, positively, and cooperatively with patients, patient's family members and other employees at all levels.
Essential Job Functions
* PERFORMANCE CULTURE:
* Participates in activities related to identification of patients in need of therapy services.
* Conducts evaluations, assesses, develops, and implements treatment plans to meet goals and needs of patients.
* Effectively utilizes a transdisciplinary model.
* Develops an effective discharge plan in conjunction with the transdisciplinary team throughout LOS.
* Communicates treatment plans and progress to patient, family and caregivers.
* Supervises assistants, aides, and students in accordance with state practice acts and local, state and federal regulations.
* Ensures smooth and timely transition from skilled treatment to restorative/nursing programs, including documentation and teaching/training of caregivers.
* Ensures patient rights and privacy are protected when delivering treatment and in discussions regarding patient at other times.
* Maintains positive working relationship and demonstrates flexibility in problem solving with the team.
* Uses clinical competency checklist to implement a plan for professional growth in conjunction with DM. Shares knowledge with district and company to assist in developing or maintaining the clinical excellence of Beverly Rehab Services.
* Maintains a high level of customer service.
* Proactively communicates with the District Manager regarding time away from work to ensure patient's needs may be met in absences.
* Receive satisfactory competency ratings in completing all ASHA requirements for certification.
* Assure standards of supervision required by ASHA for Certifiation are met during the required CFY period.
* MARKET LEADER:
* Communicates opportunities for new business development to DM when known.
* Willing to assist in startup/staffing of new business sites and products.
* CREATE ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE:
* Documents according to company policy, state and federal guidelines, and applicable accreditation agencies. Documentation is timely and supports the medical necessity of the skilled services rendered.
* Participates in appeals process as directed by DM.
* Completes all billing records, efficiency reports, payroll records or any other required reporting systems, timely and accurately, as per company standards.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with facility and department procedures for infection control, OSHA regulations, and department maintenance/orderliness.
* Secures equipment, adaptive devices and supplies in accordance with company policy and maintains adequate inventory. Operates equipment according to manufacturer's instructions and reports malfunctions immediately to DM and facility Executive Director.
* Assists DM with non-patient specific time related activities as requested.
* Is knowledgeable of and stays in compliance with all company policies, state practice acts, Federal guidelines (Medicare, Medicaid, VA) and rulings. This includes the items in the Quality Management Standards Handbook, Code of Conduct and incident reporting.
* MARKET MAXIMIZATION:
* Establishes and fosters relationships with referral sources.
* Manages the clinically appropriate therapy minutes per RUGS category for patients in conjunction with transdisciplinary team.
* Utilizes cost-effective service delivery techniques when appropriate.
Employment Status Full - Time
Closing Statement Our culture of clinical excellence and passion for what we do compels us to constantly innovate and improve. It also drives our commitment to offer more ways to help you achieve your personal and professional goals with:
* Management and clinical career ladders
* Continuing education assistance
* Master clinician program
* Assistance with professional dues and licensure
* Ongoing clinical support
* Supervisors and managers who are therapists
* Professional autonomy
* Flexible work schedulesWe are always in need of outstanding, compassionate professionals to join our team. Bring your passion for individualized care, and we'll reward your dedication and performance with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical insurance, retirement savings plans, and paid time off, not to mention an environment where you can grow long-term professional relationships with colleagues and patients. Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to , age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status. Drug-Free Workplace..