Comcast Program Manager L&D Tech Ops in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for instructional design, strategy and execution of content/programs for Comcast University Technical Operations College. Critical to this role is managing the instructional integrity of curriculum across functions and management of client expectations to ensure quality and effective training. This position will work in collaboration with CU partners, subject matter experts, and business clients to design, develop, and implement a blend of strategic learning programs for a variety of subject areas. This individual is responsible for engaging in the full instructional design and development cycle, and uses and recommends technology-based tools to improve the instructional integrity of training materials and be responsible for delivery (facilitation) of train-the-trainer sessions. This job is an individual contributor role that does not have direct responsibility for supervision or performance management of staff.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develops and modifies training programs, as necessary, to ensure consistency with The Customer Experience, and Comcast Business Objectives. Makes recommendations to help develop, implement, and enhance training content, delivery and evaluation
- Collaborates with University staff, senior business services operations management, and other department personnel regarding training needs, curriculum design, development, and delivery in order to create relevant solutions for business units.
- Monitors linkage between curriculum and improved learner job performance ensuring that learning translates to performance, and conducts additional research prior to leading change initiatives.
- Evaluates learning and uses data, evaluation, and feedback to upgrade learning and/or develop additional material.
- Develops all components of respective training program(s) including: learning objectives, performance objectives, participant guides, facilitator guides, videos, job aids, assessments, computer components, and student exercises.
- Performs needs assessment and research; works closely with field SMEs in order to align with business needs and Comcast competencies.
- Analyzes and manages strategies to maximize learner performance.
- Oversees end-to-end projects with emphasis on minimizing design/development redundancies, informing team on issues/concerns, and facilitates communication strategies.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, Adult Education or Equivalent.
- Knowledge of technical operations methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of three years of experience in Instructional Design combined with telecommunications experience preferred
- Proficiency with graphic design and multi-media tools such as: Articulate, Captivate, Photoshop and/or other eLearning development tools
- Knowledge within Learning Management Systems, Online Learning, Adobe Suite, and preferably audio/video exposure.
- Experience with curriculum design for a virtual audience
- Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer